Step by step instructions to add vdbench to X-Ray.
- Download vdbench from the Oracle site
- Get the vdbench x-ray test scenario from github https://github.com/garyjlittle/xray.git
- (You can clone the repository to a laptop, then upload to your X-Ray server)
- Rename the zip file downloaded from Oracle to vdbench.zip The X-ray scenerio relies on the zip file having exactly this name.
- Go to your X-ray server and upload the vdbench.zip file and the vdbench x-ray scenario files to the x-ray server.
- Ensure that VMs created on the cluster will have access to the internet, they will need to be able to install a JVM in order to run vdbench.
Then simply run the vdbench workload against your HCI appliance just like you would with the build-in X-ray tests. The result should look something like this
Alternatively use the built-in Grafana display
Once you have the basics working, feel free to write whatever vdbench file you desire, and have X-ray provision multiple Linux vms then deploy, run the and display results of the vdbench workload for you.